Seattle Iron & Metals Corp. Employment Opportunity - Class A and B Truck Drivers
Class A/B CDL drivers to pickup and transport scrap metals throughout the Seattle region. Flatbed, end dump, dumpster and roll-of-box hauling.
The Tractor Trailer Driver is responsible for driving a combination or truck with a capacity of at least 26,000 GVW to and from customers locations while ensuring that all of his/her efforts are compliant with the company Health, Safety, and Environmental standards and all applicable DOT regulations. Duties may include the operation of one or several types of loading and unloading equipment.
Drivers efficiently delivers scrap metal to and from customers process paperwork accurately, follows driver safety rules and provides professional customer service at all times.
Class A and B Truck Drivers
Location: Seattle, WA
Job Type: Full Time
Union: Teamsters Local 174
Seattle Iron & Metals Corporation has immediate openings for Class A & B CDL drivers to transport scrap metal from customer locations throughout the greater Seattle area to our south Seattle facility.
Our vehicle fleet includes tractor trailers, end dumps, dumpsters and roll-offs. Adherence with company safety and environmental standards and DOT regulations is a must.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections to ensure equipment is in good working order
- Ensure proper loading and unloading
- Secure metals for transport
- Maintain various service logs per state and federal regulations
- Help create a safe working environment for all employees and customers
- Other duties as assigned
- A valid Class A or B Commercial Driver's License
- One year recent experience driving a straight truck or tractor trailer required
- Ability to clearly communicate in English and perform simple arithmetic
- Knowledge of local geographical area preferred
Physical Requirements to Perform Job Functions:
- Ability to sit throughout work day, hear audible warning signals, walk and stand on uneven surfaces, lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Operating and moving various equipment may require dexterity to push, pull, climb, bend, reach, etc.
- Personal protective equipment is required given multiple hazards typical of scrap yards
- Must exhibit a high level of endurance, energy, and strength to successfully perform duties
Monday through Friday with occasional overtime
Contact: Bill Griffus, Dispatch
firstname.lastname@example.org (206) 834-4450